Templenoe GAA Website

Templenoe 2-14, An Ghaeltacht 0-12.

Last Sunday was a historic and proud day for Templenoe GAA Club, after Templenoe defeated An Ghaeltacht in some style at Austin Stack Park, to claim the club’s first ever County Intermediate Football title. This triumph was a long time coming for Templenoe, who were first an Intermediate club a way back in 1976 and contested the finals in 1988, 2016 and 2017. All at the club can now start looking forward with great enthusiasm to the team’s participation in the Munster Intermediate Football Club Championship, which commences next November.

The 2019 County Intermediate Football Final was played on a sunny afternoon in Tralee and before throw in, there was a minute silence for the late Ned Fitzgerald (father of Maurice) and Eugene McGee. An Ghaeltacht opted to play against the slight breeze in the first half and the game was less than one minute old, when Killian Spillane set up Cian Hallissey to slot home Templenoe’s first goal. This was the ideal start for the boys in blue, who’s determination not to leave this final behind, was clear from the outset. Killian Spillane thumped over a free to extend Templenoe’s lead, before An Ghaeltacht’s Brian Ó Beaglaoich made a dash at goal after collecting a short free from Dara Ó Sé , but his shot went narrowly wide. Josh Crowley Holland also had a goal chance for Templenoe only to see his attempt denied by keeper Tomás Mac an tSaoir. Stephen O’Sullivan and Brian Crowley were next to add their names to the score sheet for Templenoe and in between the former almost got in for goal, but once again the keeper was equal to the effort. Templenoe remained in control of proceedings, dominating everywhere and went to add three well taken points, from Killian Spillane, Stephen O’Sullivan (free) and Patrick Clifford to put Templenoe 1-06 to 0-00 ahead after 15 minutes. Remarkably it would take An Ghaeltacht until the 24th minute, before they would finally register their first score courtesy of PJ Mac Láimh. A pointed free from Seán M Ó Conchúir followed, but then An Ghaeltacht would suffer another killer blow, when a move involving Adrian Spillane, Gavin Crowley and Killian Spillane ended with Brian Crowley passing the ball across the goal for Stephen O’Sullivan to fist to the net. Templenoe were now ten points clear and the closing minutes of the half saw Killian Spillane slot over a point with the inside of his right foot, while An Ghaeltacht had scores from Seán M Ó Conchúir (0-02) and Óigi O'Sé.

Half Time Score: Templenoe 2-07, An Ghaeltacht 0-05.

Templenoe’s key marksman Killian Spillane continued his rich vein of form in the second half and popped over Templenoe’s next score with his left boot. In a brighter spell for An Ghaeltacht, they responded with two points on the trot from Dara Ó Sé and very soon after Templenoe keeper Danny Cahalane was called upon to make great and crucial save from Éanna Ó Conchúir. Had An Ghaeltacht converted this chance, they would have reduced the deficit to four points. However, Templenoe heeded the warning and replied in kind with Killian Spillane firing over two more scores. An Ghaeltacht battled on and had a placed ball effort from Seán M Ó Conchúir, before Killian Spillane added to his ever increasing tally with another two points from play. With 51 minutes on the clock, the score read Templenoe 2-12, An Ghaeltacht 0-08. An Ghaeltacht then launched an attack that ended with Óigi O'Sé pointing from close range, but once again Templenoe replied instantly with Adrian Spillane blasting the ball over the bar, that could just as easily have gone under. Try as they might, An Ghaeltacht just couldn’t manufacture a goal. A pile driver from a close in free from Dara Ó Sé was comfortably stopped by the Templenoe defence, who had plenty bodies back minding the goal. Then Gearoid Mac an tSaoir traded scores with Pat Spillane, who calmly planted the ball over the bar for Templenoe’s last point. The West Kerry side who were well beaten on the day had two late consolation scores from Dara Ó Sé and Ruaidhrí Ó Beaglaoich to bring proceedings to a close.

After the final whistle, the Kerry County Board Chairman Tim Murphy presented the Fenian Cup to Templenoe captain Brian Crowley amid joyous scenes. The man of the match award went to Killian Spillane following his outstanding display. Congratulations to the entire Templenoe panel, management and backroom staff on this historic achievement for the club!

Final Score: Templenoe 2-14, An Ghaeltacht 0-12.


Templenoe: Killian Spillane 0-08 (0-02f), Stephen O’Sullivan 1-02 (0-02f), Cian Hallissey 1-00, Brian Crowley 0-01, Patrick Clifford 0-01, Adrian Spillane 0-01, Pat Spillane 0-01.

An Ghaeltacht: Seán M Ó Conchúir 0-04 (0-03f), Dara Ó Sé 0-03 (0-02f), Óigi O'Sé 0-02, PJ Mac Láimh 0-01, Gearoid Mac an tSaoir 0-01, Ruaidhrí Ó Beaglaoich 0-01.


Templenoe: Danny Cahalane, Kieran O’Neill, Tadgh Morley, Michael Hallissey, Gavin Crowley, John Spillane, Patrick Clifford, Sean Sheehan, Adrian Spillane, Teddy Doyle, Brian Crowley, Josh Crowley Holland, Stephen O’Sullivan, Killian Spillane, Cian Hallissey.

Subs: Kieran McCarthy, Pat Spillane, Tom Spillane John Rice, Joseph Sheehan, Martin Reilly.

An Ghaeltacht: Tomás Mac an tSaoir, Cian Ó Murchú, Cathal Ó Luing, Colm Ó Muircheartaigh, Franz Sauerland, Pádraig Ó Sé, Ciarán Ó Coileáin, Roibeárd Ó Sé, Brian Ó Beaglaoich, Ruaidhrí Ó Beaglaoich, Dara Ó Sé, Gearoid Mac an tSaoir, Óigi O'Sé, Éanna Ó Conchúir, Seán M Ó Conchúir.

Subs: PJ Mac Láimh, Adam Mac Amhlaoibh, Peadar Pól Sauerland, Seán O’Bambaire.




Templenoe GAA Main Sponsor

Templenoe Team Sponsor



01.01.2015 - 00:00 o'clock

Kelloggs Cúl Camp

GAA Latest News