Templenoe GAA Website

Templenoe GAA Sponsors

All Ireland Junior Champions

Development Plan

Player Profiles

Templenoe GAA Social Links


Templenoe Crest

Templenoe Crest


GAA Club Newsletter

Club History

Even before the founding of the G.A.A. in 1884 Hurling and Football were an established pastime in Templenoe. Hurling was by far the stronger of the two codes until the 1920's. However, since then football has taken pride of place and hurling is no longer played in the club.

The club was founded in 1933 but did not affiliate to the G.A.A. until 1938. The first meeting was held in the Merino House with Dan O' Reilly and P.D.M. O' Sullivan elected chairman and secretary respectively. Joe O' Neill was made treasurer, a position he held for the next 33 years.

The GAA was always a very popular pastime in Blackwater but it wasn't until 1938 that the club was formed.  Emigration was at a low ebb prior to World War II and had practically stagnated during the war years which created a rapid growth in the young male population.  Football became one of the main pastimes and the first playing field acquired was known as " The Spur", next to O'Neill's shop.  A nearby field belonging to Phil Coffey was also used for a time.



The one ambition which the club always dreamed of achieving was the acquisition of its own grounds.

List of Captains of the Templenoe Senior Team from 1980 to the present.

The Earlier Years,

It is difficult to paint a clear picture of the early years of the Association in Templenoe as a

great deal of valuable information has been lost irrevocably. Because of the absence of any

sizeable amount of written records on the affairs of the G.A.A., especially in its infancy, I had

to rely a great deal on oral sourc

Templenoe GAA Main Sponsor

Templenoe Team Sponsor



Templenoe GAA Club AGM

5.01.2019 - 19:30 o'clock

Templenoe Gaa Club Annual General Meeting, Sat 5th January at 7.30pm in Templenoe Comuinity Centre. All members should attend.

Kelloggs Cúl Camp 2014

GAA Latest News